Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fline Flims

Howdydoo.

So I believe I promised to mention it when I finally saw a movie that was actually good. Well, this weekend I actually saw two pretty great ones.

Wall-E is as good as everyone says, especially the first half is fantastic. Beautiful animation and characterization. And I actually shed a tear at the end. My heartstrings were rightly tugged by the cute little robots.

In Bruges was one that slipped by me until I was reminded of it in the pages of Criminal (my favorite comic of the moment by the way) where Ed Brubaker declared it the year's best film which prompted me to immediately seek it out. Well, it's maybe not the best film of the year (I'll get back to you on that one) but it's a damn fine one. Funny, brutal and poignant, this is a great new noir film with terrific performances by Colin Farrel, Brendan Gleeson and especially Ralph Fiennes who practically steals the show with only about 15 minutes of screen time. If you like crime flicks do yourself a favor and seek this out.

So there you have it. My string of bad movies has ended.

Here's a little watercolor of two of my favorite things to celebrate:
























Take 'er easy...

No comments: