Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Winding down the Scam

It's all over but the denoument:

The Scam page 32

And a sketch:


























About time for another geeky ramble, I suppose. I picked up the Wolverine Saga the other day 'cause I like Wolverine and it was, you, know, free. Read it on the train and it struck me what a depressingly high ratio of bad to good Wolverine stories there are. The awful ones far outnumber the good ones with a great wide swath of mediocre in the middle. They've really mucked up this character. Never really liked those bone claws. Or the whole ORIGINS backstory. And now it seems as though they've jammed some dumb character named Romulus into Wolverine's entire history as the shadowy figure behind everyhting that's ever happened to him. I vaguely remember that Romulus had something to do with Jeph Loeb's horrendous run on the title recently, which I have mostly purged from my increasingly unreliable short-term memory . Whoever decided to make that story the keystone of Wolverine's new extended history has rocks in their head. Ah well. I'm hoping the new Jason Aaron series will be interesting. I do like me some Wolverine. I find that the best way to enjoy superhero comics these days is just to pick and choose whatever continuity fits your personal preference and just ignore the rest. Things like the Wolverine Saga just serve as a reminder of things best not paid attention to.

It's Thursday, which means tomorrow's Friday which means I'm inching closer and closer to a prolonged period of lying on the couch watching Mad Men. These are the things in life that I look forward to.

Have a good weekend, my friends!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

lol I like this sketch alot Sam. It has alot of charm!