Friday, August 20, 2010

Hardcore

It's Friday! The gateway to the weekend!

Thought today we'd give you a sneak peek at page one of a little project in the works: HARDCORE

Hardcore is a comic I'm doing with Spencer Platt creator of Agent Happy Death and Dollface, among other things. I'm writing and coloring, Spencer is handling the line art. The story follows Flint "Hardcore" Wupaski, cop with an attitude, as he goes about his over-the-top 80s action-movie business. This thing started out as another 8 page Zuda pitched but poor Zuda went the way of the dodo before we were finished, so I wrote up another 8 pages to turn it into a done-in-one short story. Not entirely sure what we'll do with it when it's done, but gee, I guess we'll think of something.

Y'know, I've said it before and I'll say it again: Coloring is hard. I swear it takes me longer to color a page than it takes me to draw one. I don't know how the colorists in the comic biz do it. Much respect.

Have a good weekend!

No comments: