Sunday, November 15, 2009

Almost Clean

Good Monday. Nearly at the wrap-up of the latest Untrue Tale. Here's the second to last bit of bidness:

Karen Comes Clean page 17

Still working on a couple of books. One in particular that's reeeeeally good. Review next week.

Saw a few movies this week. The Johnny Depp/Christian Bale Public Enemies put me right to sleep. Whoda thunk John Dillinger could be sooooo boring? What a snooze.

The Brothers Bloom, with the guy with the nose from The Pianist and that other guy from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind who isn't Jim Carrey, was a pretty good if rather predictable con-man piece. WOrth a rental I'd say.

Best of the week was Funny People, the latest Judd Apatow thing with Adam Sandler.
























I think I recall this one getting pretty tepid reviews but I quite liked it. I like Sandler. And I like him even just a little bit more when he gets to be somewhat serious. This is no Punchdrunk Love (which is genius on rye and if you haven't seen it well you should run right out and watch it) but it's still darn entertaining. Seth Rogen and Jonah Hill and Jason Schwartzmann and Apatow's wife and the girl from Parks and Recreation who isn't the chick from Saturday Night Live or Quincy Jones' daughter are also in it. And they're all dandy. Eric Bana also pops up and finally gets to use his Australian accent. Not as uproariously hilarious as 40 Year Old Virgin or Knocked Up, Funny People is still pretty funny. Recommended.

Okay I'm out.

Sketchy:
























Bye!

No comments: