Saturday, January 10, 2009

Meet Mr. Stein - Alternate Ending

It's always fun to have some kind of clever twist at the end of a story that turns everything around and makes you look at everything that came before differently. I was toying with that type of ending for Meet Mr. Stein. You might notice that there is a bit of a change in artistic style for the last two pages - those final pages are done with a lot more detail and intricate linework, mostly just 'cause I felt like it. I knew there was going to be a shot of the empty table and the rest of the cafe behind it and as I was filling in the hole where Mr. Stein used to be, I got carried away with the details and just went with it.

The disparity in the artwork styles got me to thinking about how this might work storywise and suggested an interesting twist ending that would indeed give the whole tale a slightly different spin.

In the end, I decided that this new twist didn't quite work for the purposes of this story as part of a larger whole, but here's a peek at how it originally played out:



2 comments:

Michael Perridge said...

Whoooa! Who's making your choices? Get him fired ha ha! I want to see that full screen - why you teasing me so?

Sam Little said...

Y'know, I meant for the pictures to get bigger when you click on them, but it didn't work. I am very technically inept. The art is just the same as the original though, only the dialogue is changed, so you're not missing any fantastic new details or anything.

Thanks for caring though!