Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Dudesday

Hidey ho, hidey hey. Ain't got much to say. Well, maybe a little.

The new Zuda contest is up and my pick for the month is Vic Boone by Kidgloves, J.W. and dash. This initially caught my eye 'cause I recognized Kidgloves from the Zuda boards and was interested to see what he had to bring to the party. I'm happy to report that the Kid and his cohorts brought drinks and funny hats for everyone.

Vic Boone looks slick (and a lot like Lee Marvin) and reads like a dream. The art reminds me a bit of Darwyn Cooke and the writing's like a tongue in cheek pulp novel that smacks you in the kisser and makes you say "thankyousirmayIhaveanother". Not a dull moment. This is good stuff, people. Check it out.


http://www.zudacomics.com/node/477

And just so you don't think I'm slacking (although I really kinda am anyway) here's a sketch:























Later for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow--heartfelt thanks for the positive comments on Vic Boone. And I'll definitely be on the lookout for more Untrue Tales.